Strawberry nails from Dainty Squid:
1. Paint your base coat (red/pink)
2. Use pinking shears (or a super steady hand) to cut strips of tape, and apply them to the larger part of your nail (the part where the green with NOT be)
3. Paint the area of your nail without tape green, and remove the tape within a few moments
4. Use a toothpick (or a DIY dotting tool), make small black dots on the red sections.
5. Let dry and finish with a top coat
“Birds are a miracle because they prove to us there is a finer, simpler state of being which we may strive to attain.” Doug Coupland
My feather post from yesterday really inspired me. I went back to the feathers and this design is what came to mind. I used Butter London’s Yummy Mummy as a base color and OPI’s Onyx for the silhouettes. I used a 3/0 Round Watercolor brush and my Orly Detailer with a coat of Seche Vite on top. I’m simply in love with this design.
Reminds me of the Miu Miu birds! And extra bonus points for the Douglas Coupland.
Bunting nails! (Inspired by DaaaangGirl)
Lilac: Butter in “Muggins”
Others: Acrylic paints
This is definitely adorable!
(EXPLORED) Morango com semente em alto relevo by Rubia Olivo ~ Nail Art, on Flickr